- Who We Are
- Membership And Benefits
- Training and Services
- Facts & Figures
Food safety is an increasingly important public health issue. Governments all over the world are intensifying their efforts to improve food safety. These efforts are in response to an increasing number of food safety problems and rising consumer concerns.
In 2012, the New Brunswick Department of Health implemented a requirement for staff in licensed food premises to have up-to - date food safety training and certification. It is highly encouraged, that all food handlers working in the food service
industry obtain food safety education and training.
The program TIANB offers meets Canadian standards and encompasses provincial standards offers many benefits to all:
• A Nationally recognized 5 year certification;
• It teaches best practices and reduces waste from the table to the grill which reduces your waste;
• It's a pro-active risk management tool, a way for you to manage internally a kitchen before an inspector shows up.
It covers topics relevant to food handlers such as:
• food safety
• correct cooking temperatures
• health and safety at work
• food storage
• serving safely
"Our facilitator was calm and cool and confident in the delivery of the material and managed to get everyone involved. A fantastic seminar!"
"I really enjoyed being there."
"A great course."
"An enthusiastic Instructor."
Per participant: $75 plus HST for TIANB members. $150 plus HST for non-members.
Contact Ann Purdy at 1(800) 668-5313 or Email to learn more or schedule a class.