The New Brunswick Department of Health requires staff in licensed food premises to have up-to-date food safety training and certification. This course teaches the integration of safe food handling practices into the workplace. The course is based on standards established in the Food Retail and Food Services Regulation and Code (FRFSRC), and recommendations from Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
This program meets Canadian and New Brunswick standards and carries a nationally recognised 5-year certification.
This course has 11 lessons. Participants must successfully complete all 11 lessons to qualify for writing the Certification Exam.
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Biological Hazards
- Other Food Safety Hazards (Chemical, Physical and Allergens)
- Facilities (building and utilities)
- Equipment (calibration, selection and maintenance)
- Flow of Food (best food safety practices from purchasing to service)
- Pest Control
- Hygiene (personal)
- Education (requirements for owner/operators, management and employees)
- HACCP (Food Safety Programs based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
"Our facilitator was calm and cool and confident in the delivery of the material and managed to get everyone involved. A fantastic seminar!"
"I really enjoyed being there."
"A great course."
"An enthusiastic Instructor."
This course is suitable for:
- banquet servers and attendants
- line cooks
- prep cooks
- event managers
- food and beverage managers
Pricing & Registration:
Be aware of what you're getting. Unlike some others, our Food Safety pricing includes the training, certification exam, and exam proctor!
$110 + HST for TIANB members
$175 + HST for non-members
$39.95 + HST for TIANB members
$59.95 + HST for non-members