Through our partnership in the TourismTechnology.com program, TIANB is pleased to offer the following technology training opportunities to all tourism operators in New Brunswick.
TourismTechnology.com is a program designed to help Atlantic Canadian tourism operators become more competitive by equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and expertise to make effective use of online technology, tools, and resources. It is a partnership project between the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, the provincial tourism departments from NB, PE, and NL, as well as the provincial tourism associations of NB, PE, and NL.
What do we offer?
It's FREE! Let us be your resource to the latest in online technology. Ask a question, discover best practises, and adapt what you learn to fit your unique tourism business. Call or email anytime. Here is an idea of the types of questions people are asking...
- "Why does it say my Twitter post is too long?"
- "How do I use Facebook Live?"
- "What is Instagram?"
- "Where can I find the best program for email marketing?"
Don't waste your valuable time researching a topic when we can do it for you!
Learn more advanced ways of utilising online technologies. Training options include:
- Interactive workshops (These take place over a 1/2 or full day in group settings throughout the province. Topics are varied. Pricing is subsidised for TIANB members.)
- Webinars (Just sit at your computer, watch, listen, and learn. And there's a chance for questions at the end. FREE for TIANB members! Only $25 for non-members.)
Have an idea for a topic you'd like to see covered? Let us know!
Mentoring (Our most popular option!)
Aside from advice, webinars, and workshops, TIANB offers 1-on-1 personalised training sessions on technology-related issues. Our Technology Resource Coordinator comes directly to you, at your place of business, sits with you 1-on-1, and works through the topics you feel are most important.
Meetings are customised to meet your specific business needs, at your individual learning level. You'll also receive a detailed written assessment of your existing website and social media platforms with recommendations for improvement.
How affordable is it? Our 1/2 day personalised 1-on-1 mentoring service is available for only $150 (less for TIANB members).
Topics we might cover include:
- Online marketing strategy.
- A professional assessment of your website.
- Improving your social media marketing. (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Email marketing.
- Leveraging online resources such as Trip Advisor.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Getting started with a website, including finding and working with a designer.
- Working with WordPress or Joomla. (These are software programs that allow you to update your own website. They're very useful. Unfortunately we've seen many instances throughout NB where operators have this setup for them, but no one shows them how to use it! People are then scared they might break the website, so they don't do anything with it.)
- Any other technology / online resource you can think of.
You decide what topics we should work through. We're pretty flexible. If we plan to discuss your website, but then you want to talk social media when we arrive, that's fine.
We offer the assistance you need to evolve and adapt online strategies and tactics to better serve your valued customers. Call to book your space today!
Feel overwhelmed with technology?
Relax. We offer our services at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels. No matter what the extent of your technology know-how, you will be comfortable learning with us.
Tourism Technology provides tourism operators with the skills, knowledge and expertise to take advantage of current online tools and resources. Let us encourage and enable you to become more innovative in your online marketing, and improve your ability to reach and respond to existing and future customers.
Learn. Equip. Grow.
Reach your potential. Call today!
Technology Resource Coordinator
|Webinars & Workshops|